Entegy understand and appreciate that you (the User) are concerned about the privacy of personal information that we may collect about you on our website www.entegy.com.au and content management system (Core) core.entegysuite.com.au and all related Products and Services that Entegy provide.
1. Privacy laws
1.1 Australian Legislation
Entegy Complies with numerous legislative instruments as we respect your privacy and are committed to compliance with our obligations under the Australian Privacy Act 1988 (Cth)
The Company also complies with the Spam Act 2003 (Cth), which deals with restrictions on sending electronic mail.
1.2 European Legislation
Entegy Complies with numerous legislative instruments in relation to European markets. In particular Entegy is committed to compliance with the European Union’s General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), Directive and the Charter of Fundamental Rights of the European Union (EU) (200/C 364/01).
2.1 Rights and Freedoms
Entegy’s principles include:
- ensuring the rights and freedoms of users with regard to the processing of personal data, and the user’s right to privacy;
- respecting fundamental rights and observing the principles recognised by the Charter of Fundamental Rights of the European Union, and the GDPR, Entegy respect
- everyone having the right to respect for his or her private and family life, home and communications; and
- everyone having the right to the protection of personal data concerning an individual.
2.2 Collection of Data
Data that Entegy collects will:
- be processed fairly and for specified purposes on the basis of the consent of the individual concerned; and
- on request provide access to data which has been collected concerning a person or entity; and
- provide the individual with the opportunity to correct any incorrect data that has been collected.
Information and Information Officers
On collection of your personal information Entegy or its related bodies will provide you with the following:
- the contact details of the Entegy or Entegy’s representative (refer to clause 3.20);
- the contact details of Entegy’s data protection officer (refer to clause 3.20);
- the recipients or categories of recipients of the personal data if shared, if any;
- where applicable, the fact that Entegy intends to transfer your information to a third party or international organisation.
- the period for which the personal data will be stored, or if that is not possible, the criteria used to determine that period;
- the existence of the right to request from the controller access to and rectification or erasure of personal data or restriction of processing concerning the data subject or to object to processing as well as the right to data portability;
- where the processing is based on point (a) of Article 6(1) or point (a) of Article 9(2), the existence of the right to withdraw consent at any time, without affecting the lawfulness of processing based on consent before its withdrawal;
- the right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority;
- whether the provision of personal data is a statutory or contractual requirement, or a requirement necessary to enter into a contract, as well as whether the data subject is obliged to provide the personal data and of the possible consequences of failure to provide such data;
- the existence of automated decision-making, including profiling, referred to in Article 22(1) and (4) and, at least in those cases, meaningful information about the logic involved, as well as the significance and the envisaged consequences of such processing for the data subject.
- Where the controller intends to further process the personal data for a purpose other than that for which the personal data were collected, the controller shall provide the data subject prior to that further processing with information on that other purpose and with any relevant further information as referred to in paragraph 2.
- Paragraphs 1, 2 and 3 shall not apply where and insofar as the data subject already has the information.
3. Privacy laws
The meaning of the terms used in this clause 25 are set out below:
Personal Information means personal information as defined by the Privacy Act;
Privacy Act means the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth), the National Privacy Principles (or NPPs) contained in Schedule 3 to the Act and any ancillary rules, guidelines, orders, directions, directives or other instrument made or issued under them with which the Discloser is bound to comply.
Privacy Laws means the Privacy Act, the European Convention on Human Rights (ECHR) the Data Protection Act 1998 (UK), the Data Protection Directive 95/46/EC and all other applicable laws, in each jurisdiction that the Agreement operates and all applicable regulations or contractual terms which apply to the Discloser in respect of its Processing of Personal Information in each jurisdiction.
SSL means Secure Sockets Layer which is a security protocol used for establishing an encrypted link between a server and a client which protects transfer of information.
- Each party must, in respect of Personal Information Processed in connection with this Agreement:
- comply with any applicable Privacy Laws;
- cooperate with the other party to resolve any complaint alleging a breach of any applicable Privacy Laws; and
- use all reasonable efforts to assist the other party to comply with its obligations under the Privacy Laws and the codes and policies described in clause 6.2(a)(2).
- Each party must use reasonable efforts to procure that no Specified Person of the party and none of the party’s agents or contractors does or omits to do anything which, if done or not done by that party, would be a breach of that party’s obligations under this clause 6.
- This clause 25 survives the termination or expiry of this deed
- The terms and conditions of this Distribution Agreement supersede all terms and conditions previously issued by Entegy.
- The parties acknowledge that this Agreement is intended as a contract for the supply of Products and Services and not any other relationship and, in particular, not the relationship of employer and employee, principal and agent or the relationship of partnership
3.4 Collection of your personal information
- If you register on our website or contact us via our website, email or otherwise, we may collect personal information you provide which is Personal information collected by us; and
- Personal information is information or an opinion of an individual whose identity is protected by our Entegy in accordance with the terms of this Policy.
- Cookies are files with small amounts of data, which may include an anonymous unique identifier or any device identification that authenticates your presence on any of Entegy’s websites or use of any of Entegy’s products and services. Cookies are sent to your browser from a website and stored on your computer’s or your devices hard drive.
- We use “cookies” to collect information. You can instruct your browser to refuse all cookies or to indicate when a cookie is being sent. However, if you do not accept cookies, you may not be able to use some features of our products and services.
- The website sets a temporary session cookie on a User’s computer whenever a page on our site is visited. Users who do not intend to log in or edit may deny this cookie, and it will be deleted at the end of the User’s session.
3.6 Use and disclosure
- We only use personal information collected via our website for the purposes for which you gave it to us including:
- improving our services and user satisfaction;
- providing a service that you have requested;
- providing support to you;
- promoting and delivering our services to you;
- determining whether an individual is suitable for a position within our business, as an employee or contractor for a current or future project;
- our internal research and statistical purposes (including market segmentation and customer value analysis); and
- promoting and delivering our services through our Tier 1, Tier 2 and affiliate partners; and
- enabling us to forward to you other information or material which we believe may be of interest to you.
- We do not share personal information about individuals with any organisations or anyone else unless one of the following applies:
- you have consented;
- you would reasonably expect, or have been told, that information of that kind is usually passed to those individuals, bodies or agencies;
- it is required or authorised by the relevant country laws;
- it will prevent or lessen a serious and imminent threat to somebody’s life or health;
- the disclosure is reasonably necessary for the enforcement of the criminal law or of a law imposing a pecuniary penalty, or for the protection of public revenue.
- When an individual’s email address is received by us because they sent us a message, the email address will only be used or disclosed for the purpose for which they have provided it and it will not be added to a mailing list or used or disclosed for any other purpose without the individual’s consent.
3.7 Accessing your personal information
- You have the right to access the personal information held by the Company and we will generally provide it to you but in some cases we may, where and to the extent we are permitted by law, refuse access to some or all of that information.
- In accordance with respective privacy laws, we may charge a fee for providing you with such access to your personal information. Those fees and charges will be reasonable fees charged for the collection and dissemination of data to you and will be determined by Entegy from time to time and Entegy will notify you of those costs prior to providing you access to the Information.
3.8 Information changes
- If at any time you wish to change any personal information held by us email or privacy compliance officer at firstname.lastname@example.org
- If you wish to have your personal information deleted, please let us know and we will take all reasonable steps to delete it, unless we need to keep it for legal reasons.
3.9 Security of your personal information
- The Company uses a variety of physical and electronic security measures, including restricting physical access to our offices, firewalls, and secure databases to keep personal information secure from misuse, loss or unauthorised use and disclosure. Staff members associated with website maintenance have access to our website’s backend system which is password protected. Our website server, hosted by our internet service provider, is also password protected.
3.10 Quality of your personal information
- We take reasonable steps to ensure your personal information we collect, use or disclose is accurate, complete and up-to-date. If any of your personal details change or you discover any errors in your personal information we hold, please contact us as soon as possible to help us keep our records accurate, complete and up-to-date.
- We may, if permitted by law, refuse to change our records of your personal information. If we no longer need your personal information for any purpose for which it may be used or disclosed we will take reasonable steps to destroy or permanently de-identify it.
3.12 How do we protect your personal information?
- We take steps to guard against unauthorised access to the personal information. Although we make every effort to create a secure environment for your personal information, we cannot guarantee the safety of any personal information which is transmitted to us online and we are not liable for any loss or damage you suffer as a result of any loss or misuse of or damage or unauthorised access to such information.
- Entegy continually strives to protect all private information held by Entegy by improving its processes by protecting:
- the security of your information during your visits to Entegy’s websites by using Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) software, which encrypts information you input.
- your credit card details, by revealing only the last four digits of any credit card numbers stored in Entegy’s system when confirming an order that you have processed.
- against unauthorised access to your account by providing a sign off provision which means that you must sign off when leaving your account.
3.13 Sending of “Spam” (Promotional email)
We will not send you Spam without first asking you whether you wish to have promotional information sent to you. If you are receiving promotional information from us and do not wish to receive this information, you may remove your name from our list either by visiting the Company’s website and following the instructions on how to withdraw your subscriptions or emailing us at email@example.com and asking to be removed from our mailing list. The Company will respond to your request as soon as possible.
3.14 Complaints, Contact Information and Changes
- If you have any concern or complaint about privacy at entegy.com.au, please:
- contact our Privacy Officer at firstname.lastname@example.org; and
- provide a thorough description of the issue, and we will deal promptly with your complaint and work with you to resolve.
- If we cannot resolve the issue to your satisfaction within a reasonable time, you or we may refer the complaint to the privacy commissioner or equivalent in your respective jurisdiction.
- Entegy may e-mail periodic reminders of our policies and conditions, but you should check our site frequently to keep up to date with recent changes.
- Entegy will never materially change its’ policies and practices to make them less protective of customer information collected in the past without the consent of affected customers.
3.16 Australian users and local jurisdiction
The laws of Queensland govern the operation of this Website and you agree to submit to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of Queensland if you are located in Queensland.
3.17 International users and legal jurisdiction
- Personal information, relating to Entegy’s products and services, regarding individuals who reside in a member state of the European Economic Area and Switzerland is controlled by uses approved by the General Data Protection Regulations of the European Union.
- As an international company, Entegy has a number of distribution Providers located in different jurisdictions which are responsible for the personal information which they collect and which is processed on their behalf by Entegy.
- Entegy’s policies are compliant with the Asia Pacific Economic Cooperation (APEC) cross-border privacy rules system as APEC provides a regulatory framework for international and national corporations and companies to comply with and ensure protection of personal information transferred among participating APEC countries
3.18 Entegy-wide commitment to your privacy
To ensure that your personal information and corporate data is secure, we communicate our privacy and security guidelines to all Entegy employees and strictly enforce privacy safeguards within the company.
Our Contact details
Entegy Pty Ltd
5/28 Donkin St, West End QLD 4101 Australia
Tel: 1300 730 808
Entegy’s privacy officer
Jamie David Lunn
Tel: 1300 730 808